At the Houston Neurology & Sleep Diagnostic Center we specialize in diagnosis and patient care for those with sleep disorder, fatigue, and daytime sleepiness, with emphasis on patient comfort and trust.
Did you know that many chronic sleep problems often have a neurological cause? It’s true. As a board-certified sleep specialist, Dr. Chu treats various sleep disorders and interprets sleep studies for some of Houston’s best sleep centers. Be sure to talk with your doctor about any sleep problems you’re having, such as snoring or recurring daytime sleepiness. If you need a sleep consultation, ask about Dr. Chu, so you too can benefit from his specialized expertise and thorough, careful approach.
Credentials: Allen Chu, MD, PhD
■ Triple-board-certified in Sleep Medicine, Neurology, and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
■ Founder of the Houston Neurology and Sleep Diagnostic Center
■ Residency and advanced training in Sleep Medicine at the Duke University Medical Center
Patients turn to Dr. Chu first when they need specialized care for obstructive sleep apnea, narcolepsy, snoring, restless leg syndrome, or other sleep disorders. Here’s why:
■ For sleep testing, Dr. Chu offers far more than a standard sleep study.
■ University-level expertise is delivered in a private-practice environment with compassionate care patients appreciate.
■ Quality: an extensive history-taking and clinical correlation based on your exact needs is standard.
■ Convenience: after diagnosis, CPAP and other sleep equipment may be provided via the center.
■ Continuity of care: CPAP compliance is assured by regular follow-up visits; risk of drowsy driver is minimized.
■ Sleep Studies: highlights the excellent service you and your staff will always receive from affiliated AASM-accredited sleep centers.
Sleep Disorder Symptoms
If you suffer from sleep disorder symptoms such as snoring, daytime sleepiness, or fatigue; help is right in your neighborhood. Be sure to talk with your doctor about any sleep problem you are experiencing. If you need a sleep consultation, ask about Dr. Chu at Houston Neurology & Sleep Diagnostic Center so you too can benefit from his specialized expertise and thorough, careful approach.
- Snoring – more than a nuisance that can be a sign of sleep apnea
- Insomnia – inability to fall asleep or stay asleep
- Narcolepsy – inability to stay awake during the day
- Restless Leg Syndrome – restless, tingling, uncomfortable feelings in legs that interfere with sleep
- Periodic Limb Movement – spontaneous limb movements that interfere with sleep
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea - Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is a common sleep disorder but frequently neglected. During sleep, the back of the throat closes when the muscles relax. A person will frequently stop breathing (apnea) in sleep, without awareness or recollection in the morning. OSA causes daytime sleep symptoms (e.g. sleepiness or fatigue) and increases risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, or stroke. OSA is easily treatable with comfortable devices that provide continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP). Surgical intervention is also available
- AASM Accreditation Sleep Lab